For those who are just formally starting in the study of wine, both professionals and amateurs. It is a practical introduction to the production of wines, styles, and major grape varieties in the world, wine tasting, the basic principles of the service and the conservation of the wine and the harmony of wine and food. (see above changes)
• Know the key stages in grape growing and wine making.
• Know the types, characteristics and styles of wines made from the principal grape varieties and other examples of wines of international importance produced with regional varieties.
• Know the key principles and practices involved in the storage and service of wine, including food and wine pairing.
The WSET® Level 1 Award in Wines assessment is a closed-book examination consisting of 30 multiple-choice questions taken by students at the end of the course. Candidates will have 45 minutes to complete the exam. Examinations will be sent from the WSET in London and resent there for correction. Candidates must answer 70% of the questions correctly to obtain the corresponding certificate.
1. Parts of a grape
3. Cycle of grape growing
4. Effect of climate
5. Alcoholic fermentation
6. Production of still white, red and rosé wines
7. Principal types and styles of wines
8. Principal international grape varieties
9. Examples of wines from principal grape varieties
10. Other examples of wines
11. Storage of wine
12. Service temperatures
13. Serving wine
14. Food and wine interactions
COURSE REFERENCE: MADRID 1W191004
SCHEDULE: Friday October 4th from 16h to 19:30h and Saturday October 5th from 10h to 13h
EXAM: October 5th from 13h a 14h
COURSE REFERENCE: MADRID 1W200117
SCHEDULE: Friday January 17th from 16h to 19:30h and Saturday January 18th from 10h to 13h
EXAM: Saturday January 18th from 13h to 14h
COURSE REFERENCE: MADRID 1W200327
SCHEDULE: Friday March 27th from 16h to 19:30h and Saturday March 28th from 10h to 13h
EXAM: Saturday March 28th from 13h to 14h
COURSE REFERENCE: MADRID 1W200626
SCHEDULE: Friday June 26th from 16h to 19:30h and Saturday June 27th from 10h to 13h
EXAM: Saturday June 27th from 13h to 14h